Monday 20 August 2012

thinking musically-new discoveries-1-for S.it is S.



i will only know if this has worked ,if it works.i guess we mostly learn by trial and error.

and on that score whilst richard branson does not particularly impress me,he did say"if you dont make mistake,you dont make anything"

i think of myself as  aerson who amongst other ways of thinking,thinks musically.i seem to be able to associate most things,peole,memories with pieces of music.music is certainly the sountrack of my life.

so i thought id do two things here,on this bit o my blog-write and make links to my own musical experience,and that includes my own collection,but secondly post up links to pieces i discover that i dont have in my collection or are just entirely new to me.

the day my friend set my blog up for me-it was mostly her effort-when i got home,i found this piece of music.its pablo"do what you gotta do".i think i made the connection,the mental link because i found it on the same day,that the blog started.but then hearing it multiple times since,i think its a good description of my friend.it drives and she is driven,it has energy,fire-thats her too.the speed and rhythms and complexities make me feel ecstatic and i was that day too.its on fire and she has fire in her sole.i think the few words i can hear,and are repeated soundlike"flagship rider"which seems apposite too.the music is very there and present,and so is she.i dont know whether she realises it,but she is all that too-a sophisticated force,thats knows where she wants to get to.i just wanted to celebrate knowing her,and her friendship and comradeship.she will know who she is.

turn the volume up and dont stand back!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8KMvoa1EuI

No comments:

Post a Comment